(meteorobs) Tumbling meteoroids? Tumbling meteors?

Pat pat_branch at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 1 07:07:09 EDT 2011

I have to agree with Chris, while I have not done the calculations. I suspect most meteors are spinning or tumbling to some degree but stabalize (depending on shape) when they enter the atmosphere. I suspect the upper levels of the Ionosphere do not do much to stabalize and orient the meteorite, but before burn-up or burn-out I suspect most (probably not all) are not spinning.