(meteorobs) Still hearing meteors, but from were ?

Michael Boschat boschat at mathstat.dal.ca
Sat Sep 10 13:00:01 EDT 2011

> I too am hearing meteors on all three analog television channel 2
> frequencies here in the northern Detroit burbs.  The residual carrier
> level seems unchanged compared to a month ago.  Have the analog
> transmitters not been shut down yet?
> Paul Goelz
> Rochester Hills, Michigan USA

 I'm pretty sure we are digital now as they kept harping here that
on the end of August or Sept.1 for complete digital turnover. BUT...the CBC
is allowed 1 more year of analouge transmission and some local transmitters
are still doing analogue for people in country areas that have no cable ect
and still use rabbit ears or outside antennas..so that could be a
possibility that is what were getting to hear.

 I think the upcoming Draconid,Orionids,Leonids,Tauris,Geminids showers
will give us an idea of what we will actually hear.

Clear skies