(meteorobs) Major Fireball Over Southern California, Arizona, and Southern Nevada

Robert Lunsford lunro.imo.usa at cox.net
Thu Sep 15 07:42:49 EDT 2011

The American Meteor Society has been deluged with over 50 reports of a bright fireball occurring just before 20:00 PDT (also MST) on the evening of Wednesday September 14th. A quick look indicates maximum brightness equal to that of the full moon and possibly some fragmentation. I will not be able to post these to the AMS web site until later today, after I return home from work. If I can add any details after reading all the accounts, I will post them.

Clear Skies!

Robert Lunsford
American Meteor Society