(meteorobs) Major Fireball Over Southern California, Arizona, and Southern Nevada

Mike Hankey mike.hankey at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 12:23:50 EDT 2011

This has made national news on MSNBC and CNN...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44529188/ns/technology_and_science-space/

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/09/15/southwest.strange.light/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

AMS reports are now over 100.

We should have maps of AMS witness reports plotted later today.

This area is heavily covered with all sky camera, so there should be
some videos out there. I do not have time to chase camera operators to
ask them to look for video, but if anyone on the list feels like doing
this, have at it:

http://allsky.ca/NAdatabase.html