(meteorobs) Best estimate for UARS initial reentry

Mike Hankey mike.hankey at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 16:28:57 EDT 2011

Based on this information I am making the conclusion that the re-entry
could possibly be seen from south florida.

Re-entry window in eastern time is: Friday, September 23, 2011 at
11:00:00 PM +- 5 hours

UARS is set to pass south florida at 1:50 AM EST Saturday, Sept 24.

http://heavens-above.com/PassSummary.aspx?satid=21701&lat=25.56227&lng=-80.2002&loc=Unspecified&alt=0&tz=CET

Therefore folks in FL have a 'good' chance of witnessing the re-entry.

Can someone please validate this conclusion. I think I'm doing this
right, but want to make sure before I tell my friends in Florida to
look out for it.

Thanks,

Mike