(meteorobs) Why so much uncertainty about re-entry?

Paul Goelz pgoelz at comcast.net
Sat Sep 24 18:47:37 EDT 2011

At 01:15 PM 9/24/2011, you wrote:
>Hello Paul,
>
>Simply put, the DOD does not share it's operations with the general public.
>Make sense?
>
>Best!
>
>Jim Wooddell

Yes, it makes sense that the DOD would not share much.  I still find
it odd that there was in effect NO good information leading up to and
after the event.  OK, so the DOD won't tell us where it was.  I find
it hard to believe that NASA didn't know.

And for relevance, doesn't this relate directly to determining a
meteor's track and the location of subsequent meteorites?

Paul

Paul Goelz
Rochester Hills, Michigan USA
pgoelz at comcast.net