(meteorobs) UARS Sat re-entry

MexicoDoug mexicodoug at aim.com
Mon Sep 26 00:12:39 EDT 2011

Hi Ed, all,

Yes - Too bad for the apparently false alarm pranksters, the amount of
folks nowadays with information that previously was available to only
the select diehards is now so well distributed that this is the way
things are headed - "el mitote".

If a kind Canadian can check this out by contacting "Madman" in this
Local Calgary Hockey forum, it's the first mention online of any
observations in that area I saw at the time (Friday night), and
additionally it mentions an observation from Okotoks by name ... and it
might have been before the Tweet that apparently started this all off;
#86 in their thread and is apparently from a local at the site.

Text from the post with date stamp:

"09-23-2011, 09:21 PM    #86
Madman
So I just saw very fast moving major blue streak east of Okotoks at
9:15. It wasn't like any type of shooting star I've ever seen. "

Ref:
http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?p=3293019

I wonder if it was a hoax by intention or if it just a big "mitote"
(sorry I don't know the English word - but it's sort of things that
become alive because of miscommunications within large groups)

The crater business was apparently started by a bunch of Australians
while Canada was asleep...

Kindest wishes
Doug