(meteorobs) UARS Sat re-entry

Marco Langbroek marco.langbroek at wanadoo.nl
Mon Sep 26 06:46:44 EDT 2011

Op 26-9-2011 06:12, MexicoDoug schreef:
> Hi Ed, all,
>
> Yes - Too bad for the apparently false alarm pranksters, the amount of
> folks nowadays with information that previously was available to only
> the select diehards is now so well distributed that this is the way
> things are headed - "el mitote".

What is equally as bad, is that some of the media including surprisingly
dedicated space-related media just put everything on their pages even if it is
clearly not what it purports to be.

Space.com yesterday for example made an imho serious blunder in putting "UARS
footage" from Washington State on their website which clearly, and I mean
*clearly*, showed a Chinese lantern balloon.

There is a lot of deliberate crap (as well as honest mistaken crap) purported to
be UARS "footage" appearing on the web and it is taken hook, line and sinker.

- Marco

-----
Dr Marco (asteroid 183294) Langbroek
Dutch Meteor Society (DMS)