(meteorobs) Cloudbait camera project???

Jim Wooddell nf114ec at npgcable.com
Fri Sep 30 17:14:44 EDT 2011

Hi all!

I am seeking information on the quality of the low light video of the PC164C
camera that is in use in the Cloudbait Skycam Project.  I am in the middle
of building one of these and was told about the Moonglow camera, which got
in the way of my building this Cloudbait camera.  I think Chris has spent
some time on this nice project and would like to hear from others that have
used this camera.
Does anyone have any real time video from a PC-164C camera of a meteor that
they can share with me so that I have a really go idea what to expect from
this camera.  I am not looking for still captures, I am looking for video
from a real time, twilight or darker view.

I have the  CPU horsepower storage space dedicated to this project so
recording real time video is not an issue.  My plan is to not capture
frames, but rather record the entire event and then use my software to slice
the video where I need to I already have the NTSC digitizer that works fine
on any NTSC video signal.

Thank you for any input.

Best!

Jim Wooddell