(meteorobs) Central Texas daylight (noontime) fireball on April 3

Marco Langbroek marco.langbroek at wanadoo.nl
Wed Apr 4 04:47:37 EDT 2012

Op 4-4-2012 06:10, Ed Cannon schreef:
> Surprised no mention of it here yet.  Event 493 on
> AMS fireball log for April 2012.  Here are a couple
> of local San Antonio TV news stories about it -- not
> very well done, sorry (couldn't find it mentioned
> by Austin TV stations):
>
> http://www.woai.com/news/local/story/April-Fireball-streaks-across-the-daytime-sky/1pvyuvxcQ0eCKk2Rp-A4qQ.cspx
>
> http://www.ksat.com/news/-Fireball-reported-over-San-Antonio/-/478452/10074474/-/68usk6z/-/index.html
>
> San Antonio newspaper story:
>
> http://www.mysanantonio.com/default/article/Fireball-leaves-area-residents-wondering-3453614.php
>
> Ed Cannon - Austin, Texas, USA

Also amazing to see that the video report with the first link, makes that odd
mistake again that I never understand: they show footage (unrelated to the real
April 3 event) of a "fireball" that in reality shows: an aircraft contrail. It
keeps surprising me that in this day and age, people don't recognize aircraft
contrails for what they are.

- Marco

-----
Dr Marco (asteroid 183294) Langbroek