(meteorobs) Web Page (not macedonian)

Nikola Biliskov nbilis at irb.hr
Sun Apr 15 16:57:18 EDT 2012

On 04/15/2012 01:48 AM, jackob strikis wrote:
> My friends Chris and Ed hello.
>
> Sorry for the PM, but there is no point of telling you this in the
> meteorobs mailing list in public and make people confused.
>
> The Macedonia (as you can see from the map below where Macedonia is in
> red colour)
> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/04/PosGreekMacedonia.png
>  is a part on the northern Greece where people speak and wright Greek,
> there is no language called macedonian and there is no country called
> macedonia.
>
> The very close neightbour of our country (Greece) is called F.Y.R.O.M.
> * Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia*where they do not speak Greek
> and they are not Macedonians, they are Yugoslavs and they speak the
> Cirilic language.
Pffff... It became complicated! Let me explain.
The country called Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia is one of 6
former republics, from which Yugoslavia was consisted. Macedonians are
one of Souther Slavic people, who came to Balcanian peninsula during 7th
century. Their state is located between southern Serbia and northern
Greece, and they accepted the name Macedonians according to famous Greek
region.
Their language is Macedonian, and it is not the same as Serbian or
Croatian. It is much more similar to Bulgarian. They use cirilic
alphabet, so cirilic is not language! Cirilic alphabet is also in use in
Serbia, Montenegro, and one part of Bosnia and Hercegovina. All of these
countries have the same language, which is different from Macedonian.
Yes - it's difficult, all of these languages are different just from
political reasons.
Nikola