(meteorobs) Fwd: large bolide over California/Nevada

CheekyGeek cheekygeek at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 16:44:27 EDT 2012

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 11:32 AM, Wayne Hally <meteoreye at comcast.net> wrote:

> Looks like a common jet contrail to me...

Would a series of three images change your opinion?
http://www.rgj.com/article/20120423/SPECIAL01/120423013/1459

Account:
http://www.rgj.com/article/20120423/NEWS/304230031/1459/news?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

This reminds me of the famous 1972 Tetons meteor which was captured
skipping off the atmosphere by tourists filming. A still of the event, with
people gawking at it in the foreground, was published in a Nat'l Geographic
in the 80s and is still one of the most incredible images I've ever seen.
That meteor was similarly south to north and exited the atmosphere
somewhere around Edmonton, Canada.