(meteorobs) With sadness . . . Dale Ireland

Skywayinc at aol.com Skywayinc at aol.com
Sun Apr 29 13:26:18 EDT 2012

I was shocked and saddened yesterday to hear of  the untimely death of
Dale
Ireland who since 2004, periodically posted messages here on  meteorobs.
"Dr. Dale" was
helpful to me on those occasions when the  Shuttle  was due to cross the US
en route back to Florida . . . his  observations of the  plasma trail that
the Shuttle left behind in its  wake as well as the double  sonic booms
that
could be heard even from  out over the Pacific Northwest helped  me in my
composing my stories  for SPACE.com.  He was an assiduous amateur
astronomer and
an  active eclipse observer as well.

_http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2012/apr/27/friends-mourn-dentist-astronomer-
and-dale_