(meteorobs) Perseid predictions?

CheekyGeek cheekygeek at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 15:33:30 EDT 2012

On Sunday, August 5, 2012, Howard wrote:

> **
> I'm kinda surprised to see any confusion over the normal Perseid peak vs
> date on this list!
> *
> * In the case of the Perseids the IMO lists a range of 139.8 - 140.3
> degrees. So all one has to do is calculate the (Gregorian calendar) date
> for the listed solar longitude. I'd speculate thats what the observers
> handbooks do. I used 140.0 degrees in my app and monitor observations and
> reports from the IMO/AMS for any adjustments. Thats less likely for the
> Perseids since they are an old shower.

It would be a mistake to assume that just because one had the ability to
subscribe to this list they also have any requisite knowledge to go along
with it ( or had even been a longtime subscriber ). Take me for instance.
: )

Thank you for the informative post, however what app are you referring to (
please).

Darren Addy
Kearney, Nebraska
I collect hobbies.