(meteorobs) [RASCals] Time Query

Ed Majden epmajden at shaw.ca
Sun Aug 5 19:30:26 EDT 2012

Rascals:
    I would like to see UTC used for reporting observations as this will end
all confusion regarding time.  I would also like to see people report their
location, Long/Lat as best they can, but even City and Province is usefull.
This is especially important when reporting meteor Fireballs.  No point in
looking for an All-sky Camera detection if the camera is on Vancouver Island
and the reporting observer is in Halifax or a long distance away.  The date
of observation is needed also. Sure would make life simpler!
Ed Majden
Sandia All-sky Fireball Station - Courtenay, B.C.
Canada