(meteorobs) Perseid predictions?

Robert Lunsford lunro.imo.usa at cox.net
Mon Aug 6 19:30:55 EDT 2012

Howard and All,

I agree with you but it is a fact that probably 90% of the folks reading this have no clue what a solar longitude of 140.00 is. That is why we try to also list the date and time, so that the general public has a clue as to when to look. It was unfortunate that Mikhail used the wrong date but nobody is perfect.

Lets see if we can get spaceweather.com to change their date before it does too much damage.

BTW, solar longitude 140.00 was 0559 UT Aug 13 in 2011 and will be 1203 UT Aug 12 this year.

Clear Skies!

Bob