(meteorobs) Fwd: "meteor smoke" is essential to the formation of noctilucent clouds.

Anthony DeBartolo debartolo at hydeparkmedia.com
Tue Aug 7 09:41:30 EDT 2012

"Even the story does not claim that climate change is responsible for the increased methane levels in the stratosphere"

correct...think they're trying to argue that independently, methane levels are indeed rising & thus play an increasing role in climate change.

as for "bad journalism and even worse science" -  don’t think this qualifies as an example of either, but will say both like to treat correlations as causations when they support what they already believe.

but, you know, that's life.

as for this being an “embarrassment which tarnishes NASA's credibility” — tell it to the hand they just landed in a martian crater.