(meteorobs) Don't Tempt Fate

Bill Godley wwgj180 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 9 16:01:27 EDT 2012

If you love watching meteors, you can't help but get antsy about the weather when a major shower peak and cooperative moon are imminent.

Get out when you can, all you can - peak-night percent cloud-cover is inversely proportional to pre-peak observing time!

I plan to be out around midnight tonight, and have my wife and daughter safely housed in a no-see-um screened tent on 10/11 and 11/12.  No way my wife will risk the mosquitos, although the drought has definitely put a dent in the population.

Hoping for clear skies and lots of "smokers"...

Bill,
Coweta, OK