(meteorobs) Standalone Forward Scatter RADAR Receiver

bob bob71741 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 10 17:22:44 EDT 2012

Jay - Good luck with your design; if you could come in under $100 that would be a great bargain! Your design approach seems very reasonable-I've used those four quadrant multipliers lots of times.

WRT Gila River reception, you just have to live here; I am over 20 miles away and the rear of the antenna is obstructed so that the back lobe of my Yagi should not pick anything up, but the multipath of the signal bouncing off of buildings, and perhaps some mountains(?) along with the returns from aircraft make it too crowded for meteor reception.

Again - good luck with your design. If you need any help with beta testing, or RF filter design, just let me know.

Bob