(meteorobs) A brief pre-max look at the 2012 Perseids from N. Florida

Bill Cooke cookewj at comcast.net
Fri Aug 10 18:36:59 EDT 2012

Odds are very good that you will... We have observed 70 bright Perseids so far with our cameras, and there have been a couple brighter than -5 peak magnitude (bottom right plot in this summary - http://fireballs.ndc.nasa.gov/special/PER_2012/distrib_20120810.png)

Clear skies, everyone!

Bill Cooke
NASA Meteoroid Environments Office