(meteorobs) Fireball ( Perseid? ) with probable VLF-ELF emission detected

Thomas Ashcraft ashcraft at heliotown.com
Sat Aug 11 14:30:50 EDT 2012

Aug 11, 2012

This morning I captured a -8.5 fireball that I think was a near point
source Perseid. I also believe this fireball made a detectable VLF-ELF
radio emission.  I posted a movie at the links below with an embedded
all-sky map.

Windows version  3 MB
http://www.heliotown.com/FBvs20120811_114227_Ashcraft.wmv

Mac version  3 MB
http://www.heliotown.com/FBvs20120811_114227_Ashcraft.mp4

Any analysis or critique is welcome. One camera view cannot determine
the radiant but I think it was a Perseid.

More importantly, I do believe this fireball is a positive VLF-ELF
direct emission candidate.

Thomas Ashcraft  -  New Mexico