(meteorobs) Aug 11/12 Perseid max results from north Florida - Great show indeed!

Paul Jones jonesp0854 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 08:57:06 EDT 2012

Greetign again all,
     Mother Nature smiled brightly on me this morning as she swept the
skies clear of all clouds starting about 0230 Local Time and I had three
hours of pristine conditions to view a mighty impressive Perseid
performance indeed!   I recorded full data in fifteen minute Bins until
around 0600 Local Time and have yet to decipher fully, but the PERs seemed
to be hitting in the 50/hour range, I believe with lots of gorgeous
meteors.  I did not get a fireball this morning though, but I did have a
bunch of beautiful bright PERs and some long lasting trains.
They would come in bunches of four or five quick hitting in a few seconds,
followed by lulls of a few minutes.  I had two sets of perfectly
simultaneous PERs as well.    Like Bob L, reported yesterday, I also had
two lovely members of the Kappa Cygnid radiant.  The brisk pace of the
activity kept me busy getting down all the data!  Full report to follow,
got a bunch of numbers to crunch...;o).  Hope everyone got to see what was
a GREAT show!

Clear skies to all, Paul in north Florida