(meteorobs) Aug 11/12 Perseid max results from north Florida - Great show indeed!

Paul Jones jonesp0854 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 10:34:58 EDT 2012

Here's a quick summary of the hourly totals I had this morning from the
roof of my house, here in St. Augustine:

0234 - 0334 EDT (0634 - 0734 UT) Teff: 1.0, Z.S. 6.5 Sky conditions: clear,
Facing: south, CFOV: center of great Square of Pegasus
42 PER, 3 SDA, 1 KCG, 8 SPO - 54 total meteors

0334 - 0434 EDT (0734 - 0834 UT) Teff: 1.0, Z.S. 6.2 Sky conditions: Clear,
Facing south, CFOV: center of Great Square of Pegasus
49 PER, 1 KCG, 1 CAP, 1 ANT, 6 SPO - 58 total meteors

(0434 - 0450: 16 minute break)

0450 - 0550 EDT (0850 - 0950 UT) Teff: 1.0 Z. S. - 5.8 Sky Conditions:
Clear, 10% moonlight, Facing southwest. CFOV: Central Aries
62 PER, 1 ANT, 8 SPO - 71 total meteors

Over all totals:  3 hours Teff, 153 PER, 2 KCG, 3 SDA, 1 CAP, 2 ANT, 22 SPO
- 183 total meteors.

Full breakdown into 15 minute bins and magnitude distribution, colors and
train percentages to follow.

Clear skies, Paul