(meteorobs) [RASCals] Perseids

Ed Majden epmajden at shaw.ca
Sun Aug 12 13:28:59 EDT 2012

Hi Rascals:
    Clear last night but Murphy struck again and I did not get any
spectrographs set up!  Will try again tonight.  It's getting harder every
year for this old guy to stay up all night, darn it!  The Sandia All-Sky
Camera recorded 24 meteors, mostly Perseids.  Only a couple would have
produced good spectra on film had the cameras been pointed in the right
direction. What I need is an All-sky spectrograph with crossed gratings and
high dispersion, ha! ha!  That would simplify aiming points! ;-)
Better luck tonight I hope!
Ed Majden
Courtenay, B.C.