(meteorobs) I DON"T BELIEVE IT

Ed Majden epmajden at shaw.ca
Sun Aug 12 20:28:55 EDT 2012

Hi:
    I couldn't find my Camera locking cable release for extended time exposures on my Hasselblad so went hunting for one.  We don't have a "REAL" camera store in Courtenay and Comox anymore.  The last good one was Studio One but I guess they shut down as now nearly everyone uses digital. If you want special film you have to order it from Vancouver or Victoria and sometimes they don't have them.  I went to Staples, WalMart, London Drugs looking for a cable release as they all claim they have Camera Departments! Yeah right, they didn't even know what I was talking about, a simple locking cable release for time exposures with a film Camera. Went home rather annoyed.  Luckily I found one in my dark room.  To make my day, it seems to be clouding over for the Perseids tonight!
    I really need a NEW hobby!  Too old to chase women, and my vet told me not to drink!  Arrrrrg!
Ed Majden
Meteor Spectroscopy
Courtenay, B.C.

PS: In a couple of more years the young bucks will not know what film is, just like a blotter for ink!  I know, what is ink! ;-)