(meteorobs) this signature activity was mistaken

Jay Salsburg jsalsburg at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 13 00:53:54 EDT 2012

http://www.salsburg.com/NAVSPASUR/
As I write this message, just before 10:00 PM CDT, my Space RADAR receiver
is very active. Recent information conveyed to me by James Beauchamp is now
confirmed. This signature activity of frequent low amplitude events is
Lightning reflecting from strong Thunderstorms between my receiver and the
NAVSPASUR Transmitter. There is a super cell North of Dallas reflecting the
energy from the transmitter. The sky is clear here and there is no hint of
flashes on the horizon. In the past I have received lightning signatures as
far away as 600 miles. This current Lightning is 180 miles away.

My claim of a Meteor storm characterized by this signature activity was
mistaken, it is a storm just not one from Meteors.

Again; Thank You James!

Jay Salsburg

http://www.salsburg.com/NAVSPASUR/Storms.html
http://www.salsburg.com/NAVSPASUR/08-12-2012ThunderStorm.mp3
http://www.salsburg.com/NAVSPASUR/capt1208130234.jpg
My prior claim of a Meteor storm characterized by this signature activity
was mistaken, it is a storm just not one from Meteors. Below is a
Velecitygram taken during the above recording. Notice the frequent bright
spots of activity along the 1150 Hz line, these are reflections from
Lightning, they are also characterized by a vertical Hash of wide spectrum
noise coincident with each bright spot. My receiver is picking up the
reflected energy from the NAVSPASUR Transmitter and the electromagnetic
pulse of the Lightning. The other 2 horizontal line below the Lightning
events are reflections of "Space Debris" impacting the atmosphere moving
away from the receiver, creating a reflection velocity lower in frequency.
http://www.salsburg.com/NAVSPASUR/08-12-2012Storms.jpg