(meteorobs) Perseids From Yosemite

Jay Salsburg jsalsburg at bellsouth.net
Sat Aug 18 05:06:55 EDT 2012

WOW, great images Mike. Wish I was there. Been there done that, only it was
1972, all over Yosemite, many days and nights, before you needed a camping
pass and there were bears everywhere. It is so dark on the mountain tops,
you can see individual photons in the dark sky. The Eastern Ridge of the
Park above Tioga Pass seen in my web page is much drier, much darker, much
easier to hike, and much more obscure than Glacier Point. There, the Eastern
horizon is below the horizontal, you can look down at the horizon with only
bare desert below, from 11,000 feet.

http://www.salsburg.com/California/yosemite/yosemite.html