(meteorobs) Simple receiver to detect meteorites

Michael Boschat boschat at mathstat.dal.ca
Wed Aug 22 07:59:13 EDT 2012

> I also heard that you can use a regular FM radio tuned between
> two stations.  Robert Weisbloom

 I use a simple dipole on my balcony and an older Icom R-10 at 67.24 MHz
(ch.4) but because of TV going digital my meteor rates have dropped.

 I'm trying to figure out the FM thing but we have so many stations here
in Halifax walking over one another that is is almost impossible to get a
clean static. I would say it probably would work if you lived in a
sparsely populated area. Basics is to tune to a FM frequency you know a
station broadcasts on and monitor it...meteor goes by and you'll hear a
brief
bit of music or talking.

Clear skies