(meteorobs) Simple receiver to detect meteorites

James H Van Prooyen grro at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 22 09:00:13 EDT 2012

Yes that is my question!

I have found the following:

    In Canada, VOR's are 150W CW VHF.

VORTAC's have the same VOR power, but also have a TACAN (UHF VOR for
Military
    use only + DME for civilian use) rated at 5.2 KW peak power

VORDME's have the same VOR power, but have a standalone DME. Depending
on
    location and intended use, the DME can have 100W (approach) or 1000W
(en route)

I hope that helps...

Jim