(meteorobs) Perseids From Yosemite

Mike Hankey mike.hankey at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 11:35:50 EDT 2012

Thanks Stuart.

That is an astrotrac tracking mount and travel pier.

http://www.astrotrac.com/

Its a pretty easy to use travel EQ mount. It will track the same FOV
for about an hour. This prevents star trails, letting you expose
longer and generally makes the stars look better. Good for milkyway
shots too.

I also just got one of these: http://www.vixenoptics.com/mounts/polarie.html

which is basically the same thing, but a little more affordable and a
much smaller foot print. I haven't used it yet, so I'm not sure how
well it works in comparison.