(meteorobs) Fireball in Texas

Mike Hankey mike.hankey at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 17:47:27 EST 2012

Hey Rob,

Great work again with the Galactic Analytics find.

While its unfortunate that human beings can't determine the fall time
as well as a doppler radar, the average time for the fall calculated
from the witness reports is: 2012-12-07 12:44 UTC

Off by less than a minute :)

http://www.amsmeteors.org/fireball_event (see avg UTC column for event 2085)

Now you bring up an interesting concept with regard to scoring each
witness account based on their ability to accurately tell and report
time. I'll have to think about this more.

Thanks,

Mike