(meteorobs) Fireball in Texas

Matson, Robert D. ROBERT.D.MATSON at saic.com
Fri Dec 7 18:17:22 EST 2012

Hi Mike,

Yes -- it shows the merit in averaging the reported times!  I wonder if
the standard deviation improves at all with the witness's self-reported
experience level?  If I go to level 3 and higher, there are 28 reports,
with times varying from 12:37 to 13:45 (!).  (Obviously the 13:45
witness
entered the wrong timezone.)  Even discarding the bad 13:45 time,
another
level-3 witness reported the time as 13:25 -- off by 42 minutes.

There are only two witnesses out of the 104, both level 1, whose
red terminus vectors triangulate to the actual location of the fall.
They deserve gold stars.  :-)  --Rob