(meteorobs) Fwd: A New Meteor Shower in December?

chergen chergen at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 11 16:27:58 EST 2012

I also spent an hour outside centered on the peak time for activity from the 1947 trail and saw no 'Wirtanen-ids' from Tucson. I did see 8 Geminids and 5 sporadics (including a Geminid and 2 sporadics in quick succession over 20 seconds moving in different directions, quite nice). My LM was +6.1.

Unfortunately our once per month winter storm is scheduled to wipe out the peak of the Geminids from here.

- Carl Hergenrother