(meteorobs) Bolide Over Oklahoma/Kansas A Short While Ago?

Bill Godley wwgj180 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 13 03:29:16 EST 2012

At 7:02 UT on 13Dec12, while facing south observing Geminids, some brilliant flaring was evident to the north, out of my direct view.  It could have been a large, fragmenting fireball.  Shadowing  was evident and I sensed red and blue color.  The flaring lasted about 3 or 4 seconds.  I guessed mag. -10 but that is definitely a swag.

Also, not a minute or so later, another fireball, maybe -5 or so, dropped toward the western horizon.

Jim B. - maybe you got one of these, especially the second, on your camera.

Bill Godley,
Coweta, OK