(meteorobs) Terrific night of Geminids in central Alberta

Bruce McCurdy bmccurdy at shaw.ca
Thu Dec 13 08:09:26 EST 2012

Just home now after a solid three-hour session at Beaver Hills Dark Sky
Preserve (Blackfoot Staging Area). Transcribing my audio recordings is going
to take a while  -- with some sleep required first, and some warming up
required before that!

I got just over 100 recordings and I'd be surprised if my average was much
less than two meteors per recording. In fact, I'll take the "over". They
were happening in bunches all night, with some interesting cases of
simultaneous meteors or nearly so (where the second one started before the
first was done). A few fireballs in the mix.

Time for bed, but thought I'd put up a preliminary report. More to  come.

Bruce

*****