(meteorobs) An amazing night!

James Beauchamp falcon99 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 13 08:11:32 EST 2012

High all, just a quick note before heading out to work.
I about dropped my coffee when I opened the radar screenshot folder.  Starting in the early evening, I show a SUSTAINED rate of around at least 5 meteors per every two minute frame, some look to be around 10.  Doing quick, public math, that's around 150 to 300 per hour!
A radar record for me.  In the last four years or so of radar observing using the Space Radar, I've seen nothing like it.  An occasional outburst, but NEVER such a sustained rate for the duration of the night.
WOW!