(meteorobs) Ad: Re: good showing right now

Birger Andresen birger.andresen at fesil.no
Fri Dec 14 09:11:09 EST 2012

James B:

> Good show over Oklahoma city too!  Went out until i couldn't take
> the cold anymore.  Saw about 5 in a span of 20 minutes or so.
> Radar is pinging steady at about 60 per hour, but steadily settling
> down.  Nothing like last night though.

How cold was it.?

It was -22C here i Trondheim, Norway (63.5 deg. N). Rates were about 20 pr
10 minutes at local mid-night to 01:00 (23 - 24 UT) on an approx. Lm=6 sky.
Started out close to the city limit at -15C and 4.5 mag skies to assist the
city population with the observing before moving out of the light pollution
to have fun during maximum. Rates were probably about one every 2-3 minutes
on average from the dismal skies in the outskirts of Trondheim from
21:30-23:30 local time. Less bright ones than I had hoped for, but still
nice.

Too bad that it was not 10 deg. warmer. Then I would probably have
continued until dawn (sun 10 deg. below the horison at 07:58 local time)

   - birger