(meteorobs) Another visual sighting of a Wirtanenid

George Gliba gliba at milkyway.gsfc.nasa.gov
Mon Dec 17 13:36:19 EST 2012

Fellow Meteor Enthusiasts,

Here is a good observation of a possible Wirtanenid meteor from a longtime good observer
and reputable amateur astronomer, NASA technician, and ATM.  I think he saw one.  I have
know Forrest for 25+ years.

Starry Skies,
GWG

Yo George,

   I think I saw one Piscid (from Comet Wirtanen) Thursday night/ Friday morning.  It was a slow meteor and was low to my west northwest.  The Geminids were great over here in Indiana.  The show tied for the third best that I've ever seen.

   Forrest