(meteorobs) Another visual sighting of a Wirtanenid

Roberto G. md6648 at mclink.it
Mon Dec 17 14:03:03 EST 2012

From: "George Gliba" <gliba at milkyway.gsfc.nasa.gov>
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2012 7:36 PM
Subject: (meteorobs) Another visual sighting of a Wirtanenid

> Fellow Meteor Enthusiasts,
>
> Here is a good observation of a possible Wirtanenid meteor from a longtime
> good observer
> and reputable amateur astronomer, NASA technician, and ATM.  I think he
> saw one.  I have
> know Forrest for 25+ years.
>
> Starry Skies,
> GWG

> Yo George,
>
>   I think I saw one Piscid (from Comet Wirtanen) Thursday night/ Friday
> morning.  It was a slow meteor and was low to my west northwest.  The
> Geminids were great over here in Indiana.  The show tied for the third
> best that I've ever seen.
>
>   Forrest

Sorry, but this observation not show that this meteor was really a possibile
Wirtanenid:
in each time a meteor can occur from a radom direction, many time too two
meteors or three
but it's only radom. It's for this raison that for to have a radiant in a
night we must see more
of three meteors in the same night and if possible more. In this case we can
said of a
Wirtanenid only if we have the orbit.
Best greetings.
Roberto Gorelli