(meteorobs) Monitoring solution for radio meteor observers in North America

Paul Goelz pgoelz at comcast.net
Thu Dec 27 17:55:31 EST 2012

At 05:01 PM 12/27/2012, you wrote:
>Oh - one other thought:  Check out SDR# (sdrsharp), a fully
>open-source package that is pretty easy to grock.   I've been working
>on whacking some meteor filtering and counting code into it for a
>week or two now, off and on.
>
>http://sdrsharp.com
>
>  --- Jodie

Caution..... I just tried the latest SDR# stable version as well as
the nightly version (via the simple install script) and neither of
them work with my dongle any more.  I even tried re-installing the
driver.  They work with the sound card but seem to be unable to
communicate with the dongle.

I believe at least part of the problem is that there are some files
required for USB dongle use that used to be included in the SDR#
distribution and no longer are included.  But even after (I think)  I
dealt with that issue, SDR# still didn't work with my dongle.

HDSDR (with the ExtIO file) works great.

Paul

Paul Goelz
pgoelz at comcast.net
Rochester Hills, MI