(meteorobs) receiving strong frequent RADAR returns

Michael Boschat boschat at mathstat.dal.ca
Sat Dec 29 14:43:50 EST 2012

> Not seeing that frequency, but I am seeing/hearing occasional fairly long
> and strong returns here in Detroit, on 55.259MHz (USB).
> Paul

 Not hearing anything up here. Are you using a filter at all Paul to get
rid of background interference?

This is what I use:

Listening Frequency: 67.24 MHz
Receiver: Icom R-10
Antenna : dipole
Antenna Direction: Horizontally polarized with lobes in E-W plane,
        elev 0 deg
Filter  : high-Q (Q at least 300) bandpass filter between antenna &
          receiver.
Listening Mode: CW

 But tuning to the 55.259 I hear nothing at all just static. IF I
disconnect the filter and just hook antenna to radio get static no pings
nothing.

Clear skies