(meteorobs) receiving strong frequent RADAR returns

Michael Boschat boschat at mathstat.dal.ca
Sun Dec 30 10:49:17 EST 2012

> No filter. On 55.259 I get a faint carrier (sometimes nearly
> undetectable) and fainter airplane tracks, but decent meteor returns.
> My antenna is a 6 meter ham halo (horizontal polarization) at about
> 16 feet AGL.
> Paul Goelz

 Unhooled filter and just had Icom IC-10 on 55.259 and listened for 4
hours, nothing at all. Re-hooked it all back up and will just stay at
83.24MHz till they vanish. Not sure about those dongles hooked to my PC,
heard lots of software problems and with me and computers! wow...talk
about prroblems...
write a book on me and them make a fortune.

Clear skies