(meteorobs) receiving strong frequent RADAR returns

Richard Kramer kramer at sria.com
Sun Dec 30 11:31:31 EST 2012

At 10:49 AM 12/30/2012, you wrote:
>Not sure about those dongles hooked to my PC,
>heard lots of software problems and with me and computers! wow...talk
>about prroblems...
>write a book on me and them make a fortune.

I would encourage everyone to give the Newsky dongle a try. You could
have a lot of fun for much less than the price of dinner in a
mediocre restaurant.

I've had my dongle for about a week. I had some problems getting
started mainly because of a lack of clear information about how to
configure the various open software which is available. Now that I'm
up and running, the next challenge is figuring out where to listen
and what to use for an antenna.

Paul was a tremendous help. I'm trying to write something very basic
which could help the next person get started more easily.

I bought my dongle using the link which Paul posted:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Newsky-TV28T-v2-USB-DVB-T-RTL-SDR-Receiver-RTL2832U-R820T-Tuner-MCX-Input-/160896092118?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25762787d6

I had some trouble with my order which was caused by eBay, but a
quick email directly to the supplier, Noo Electric, resulted in an
near immediate email response from Noo Electric's Jeff which cleared
things up instantly.

Richard