(meteorobs) Phi-Cassiopeids not a success from Israel

Shy Halatzi shyhalatzi at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 14:14:37 EST 2012

Dear fellow meteor enthusiasts,

The meteors division of the Israeli Astronomical Association went out this
evening to observe after sunset and try to see some of the Phi-Cassiopeids,
following Jeremie Vaubaillon's forecast for an outburst. In a little over
an hour of observing I only saw two meteors. One sporadic and the other
seemed to come from the general area of Cassiopea but the speed seemed to
fast for 16 km/s, so I doubt it's associated with the shower. Others also
saw one or two meteors each, non of them Phi-Cassiopeids.

Happy new year everyone!
Cheers,
Shy