(meteorobs) Monitoring solution for radio meteor observers in North America

meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com
Thu Dec 20 23:04:29 EST 2012

  Good bit of advice, but make sure you end-up with the R820T tuner.
  The FC0012/13 and ET4000 are ~45Mhz-1.7Ghz, just above Snotel.  I had
  to build an upconverter for my FC0013 dongles.

  It's also nice that they have a diode for ESD protection already
  soldered-in.  After blowing up a couple of chips I figured out I
  needed to solder a diode in to protect mine.

  The MCX is also a nice touch because it's easy and cheap to adapter
  the MCX to BNC, F, or UHF to support a large directional antenna.

  I might have to look at a couple of those myself and save my
  upconverter and FC0013's for shortwave listening.

Oh - one other thought:  Check out SDR# (sdrsharp), a fully
open-source package that is pretty easy to grock.   I've been working
on whacking some meteor filtering and counting code into it for a
week or two now, off and on.

http://sdrsharp.com

 --- Jodie

--