(meteorobs) Big event over Northern Texas - just breaking inthe news

Ed Cannon edcannonsat at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 2 00:44:13 EST 2012

Looking at "Latest Worldwide Meteor / Fireball Reports" and
AMS reports, there are numerous reports of sonic boom(s)
around Dallas-Fort Worth vicinity, but as far west as Wylie (!),
east to Rockwall (that I've seen so far).  Most of them seem
to be to the east side of the area.  There are even a few
mentions of the ground shaking.

As to farthest sightings, there's one from Refugio, Texas
(between Victoria and Corpus Christi) and another one from
Everton, Arkansas (north central AR)!  Numerous ones from
Oklahoma.

The thing in Post, TX (SW of Lubbock), must be something else?

No need to say, "Sure wish I had seen it!"

Ed Cannon - Austin, Texas, USA