(meteorobs) 2012/02/01 TX Fireball Trajectory Solutions v1

Pat pat_branch at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 7 22:29:15 EST 2012

Mike,
Here is a great meteor view which I have not seen until now. It was shot in Austin from the Joe's Crab Shack at 600 Riverside Dr. The angles should be easy to calculate accurately because the city skyline gives you some angle estimates. I posted a picture of exactly where the video was shot from in the Files section of this group.
The view was shot NNW between the two trees just off the balcony.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8juQ_ld_G7U

I still think it was SE of Greenville, but I am sure there were at least two large pieces that separated early. I have seen pictures of a team from the Austin Planetarium which I believe found some meteorites about 1 mile east of Edgewood TX at the corner of County Roads 3601 and 3604.
Pat