(meteorobs) 2012/02/01 TX Fireball Trajectory Solutions v1

Mike Hankey mike.hankey at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 23:38:47 EST 2012

Jake,

I agree its a bit further south.

Bill was kind enough to give me the AZ/EL values for all cameras. These are
plate solved using software so very solid and more accurate than the ones I
did manually.

I added the hawley camera and the austin camera and re-ran the program
using the updated values.

It generated 5 solutions using 5 different camera combos almost all
are identical and very close to Bill's solution.  Its pretty ridiculous,
how close these all are.

So I think this is a winner folks. :)

I posted a picture of the 6 trajectories and also a link to the trajectory
KMZ file. See the update at the bottom of this page:

http://www.mikesastrophotos.com/comets/2012-02-01-texas-fireball-trajectory-solutions/

*When viewing the kmz trajectories, keep in mind Bill's red line is 2d and
ends at 40km altitude while the other trajectory models are 3d & drawn
toward their 0km geometric end point.

Thanks,

Mike Hankey
Freeland MD