(meteorobs) Wonderful turquoise fireball ! - New Mexico

Bill Cooke cookewj at comcast.net
Sun Jan 1 01:13:42 EST 2012

The NASA cameras located in Las Cruces and Mayhill also picked up this very nice and long-lasting meteor. The Mayhill camera saturated at magnitude -6 and I would put the peak magnitude of this event at about -8 based on the video.

Pics at

http://www.billcooke.org/events/NM_20120101/ev_20120101_031536A_05A.png
http://www.billcooke.org/events/NM_20120101/ev_20120101_031540A_06A.png

QuickTime movie of the meteor as seen from Mayhill:

http://www.billcooke.org/events/NM_20120101/ev_20120101_031536A_05A.png

Hopefully will have a solution in the morning when the server correlates events.

Sent from my iPad
Bill