(meteorobs) Perseids in Maui

Matson, Robert D. ROBERT.D.MATSON at saic.com
Thu Jul 19 14:14:43 EDT 2012

Hi Joseph,

Plenty of other good, dark locations in Maui if you don't want to drive
up to Haleakala. If you are on the west side, I'd recommend driving as
far south as you can (i.e. get away from the lights of Lahaina,
Ka'anapali and Kihei). It is quite dark down at La Perouse Bay
south of Wailea and Makena. The "parking lot" there is pretty rough,
so be careful to steer around the sharper rocks.  --Rob